Planning a holiday trip but concerned with how your skin will fare? Join the club. Whether you’re going somewhere hot, cold, dry, or humid, we’ve got you covered with some travel necessities to look and feel your best all vacation long.
- Hydrate your skin with a soothing moisturizer the night before travel. The humidity in an airplane cabin can be as low as 10%! This dry air can cause your skin to become dehydrated and look dull. Go through your skincare routine thoroughly the night before and apply moisturizer generously throughout your trip.
- Internal hydration is just as crucial as external hydration. It would be best if you aimed to drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water. Another great way to combat those dehydrating effects of flying may be with antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables leading up to your trip.
- Start each day with a clean slate. Long travel days and new environments increase the risk of picking up germs and bacteria, so don’t forget to wash your face with a gentle cleanser each morning and night.
- Pack your favorite restorative serum to lock in moisture, reduce redness, and calm your skin. A soothing, vitamin-rich serum will become your favorite travel buddy for post-flight puffiness or hours in the car. Especially after a day full of activities, your skin will be begging for the healing and brightening effects of aloe, vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, and many more ingredients.
- Consider the benefits of traveling with a gua sha stone to fight inflammation and puffiness. The pure jade stone promotes mindfulness and relaxation as a step in your morning routine. You will quickly notice an age-defying complexion as you lift and contour your facial muscles daily.
- Get your beauty sleep! Crossing time zones can mess with your circadian rhythm and cause jet lag. Additionally, lack of sleep disrupts the skin’s repair process. It is vital to ensure you get enough sleep once you arrive at your destination to keep your skin balanced and glowing.
- Don’t forget SPF! No matter the climate of your destination, you should always protect your skin from harmful UV rays when you’re out and about. Apply sunscreen, or better yet, invest in skincare products with SPF, like Vieve’s Leaves rejuvenating facial fusion moisturizer.
There you have it—the seven essentials you need to stay on top of your skincare while traveling!
- Stick to products with all-natural ingredients.
- Don’t forget to pack your favorite essentials, like a hydrating lip balm and a soothing makeup remover.
- Avoid potentially irritating hotel products that could cause pesky skin flare-ups.
- Stay consistent and keep up with your daily cleansing and moisturizing ritual. Finding a few minutes in each day can positively impact keeping your complexion looking radiant.
Packing smart and staying prepared will keep your skin happy and your self-care routine in check. All under 3.4 oz, Vieve’s Leaves products are perfect for your travel needs. Bon, voyage!